San Francisco, CAopen_in_new CTO
February 2020 – December 2023
- Spearheaded technological transformation and business processes that allowed D Harris to grow from a fleet of two buses to 12 buses.
- Updated and enhanced the company's systems with modern tools to better manage the growing business, including real-time bus data, automated maintenance notifications, and automated trip confirmations and notifications via email and SMS.
- Implemented route optimization algorithm to identify opportunities for one bus to handle multiple trips, increasing their daily revenue by 30%.
- Implemented automated notifications for trips, bus maintenance, and billing and invoicing.
- check_circle_outlined Automated notifications for trips, bus maintenance
- check_circle_outlined Automated billing and invoicing
- check_circle_outlined Migrated driver logs to digital format
- check_circle_outlined Increased daily revenue with better trip optimization
San Francisco, CAopen_in_new Manager, Software Engineering
July 2010 – February 2020
- check_circle_outlined Contributed to IAB MRAID 2.0 standard
- check_circle_outlined Implemented MRAID SDK's on iOS and Android platforms
- check_circle_outlined Developed and deployed mobile ad solutions for multiple platforms.
- check_circle_outlined Designed and deployed 'Rich Media' ad delivery and reporting infrastructure.
- check_circle_outlined Architected and deployed RESTful API for ad serving, tracking metrics and reporting.
- check_circle_outlined Developed flexible metrics tracking with non-blocking endpoints
- check_circle_outlined 10 years
San Francisco, CAopen_in_new Web Architect
September 2007 – July 2010
- check_circle_outlined Ported PHP website to ASP.NET
- check_circle_outlined Ported Catalyst Flash client to standards based HTML5/canvas
- check_circle_outlined Architected and led the team that implemented Mindjet Catalyst
San Francisco, CAopen_in_new CEO / Founder
April 2006 – September 2007
- check_circle_outlined GC Homes - Contractor documents and blueprints online.
- check_circle_outlined Bay Docs - Document preparation services and tools for generating documentation for reverse mortgages
- check_circle_outlined HUD Calculator - calculates potential reverse mortgage values
- check_circle_outlined Tzero Technology - Custom content management system
- check_circle_outlined Metrika - Custom content management system
Sausalito, CAVP Engineering
June 2004 – April 2006
- check_circle_outlined Cloned a cat and delivered it to customer
- check_circle_outlined Clonesoft - Architected and implemented web-based business process application that was used to manage the animal gene banking and feline cloning business and automated many processes.
- check_circle_outlined CatBank - http://www.catbank.org/ Designed and developed database driven feline DNA identification website. Back-end requirements included integration with specialized gene analysis hardware which included the Applied Biosystem Genetic Analyser 3130.
- check_circle_outlined Created and analized pet genotyping database, identifying 7 unique markers for traits such as Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), fur color, and polydactylism (6-toed cat).
- check_circle_outlined Integration with gene analysis and sequencing hardware.
- check_circle_outlined Retro vs. Metro - http://www.retrovsmetro.org/ Implemented all backend code for this online companion website to the New York Time's bestseller: Retro vs. Metro - The Great Political Divide in America. Required access and aggregation of various data items scattered across the Internet (such as the Iraq war dead count and real-time government deficit counter)
San Diego, CATechnical Director
December 2001 – June 2004
- check_circle_outlined Designed and architected network infrastructure using both Windows servers and various legacy Unix boxes. Built out server clusters and managed a farm of over 60 machines including a SAN.
- check_circle_outlined Designed and implemented web-based network management, monitoring & systems analysis tools
- check_circle_outlined Developed web-based tools for creation and maintenance of customer websites, DNS, and email services.
- check_circle_outlined Designed and developed email marketing application using 3 tier architecture and XML and XSLT for transporting and rendering email messages and associated web pages. As of December, 2003, the Activatemail system sends and tracks over 1,000,000 requested messages per day between 89 clients including Sunkist Growers, The California Avocado Commission, San Diego Zoo and many more.
- check_circle_outlined Setup automated development environment which allows Interactivate developers to create their own dedicated web sandboxes via a web interface. Automated CVS checkouts and local network mounts to development sandboxes rounded out this implementation.
- check_circle_outlined Installation & administration of Solaris, FreeBSD & Windows NT in a heterogeneous environment
- check_circle_outlined Design, implementation, migration and maintenance for Interactivate's internal and external network infrastructure.
- check_circle_outlined Working with vendors, developers & 3rd party integrators.
- check_circle_outlined Maintain and monitor over 50 hosted client web sites and dozens of web applications
- check_circle_outlined Identifying & resolving network related problems
- check_circle_outlined Responsible for backup implementation and recovery strategy & procedures
- check_circle_outlined Required to support high volume access & availability characteristics as well as identifying & resolving system hardware & software problems
- check_circle_outlined Responsible for the full availability of DNS, SMTP, HTTP, POP & IMAP servers
- check_circle_outlined Maintaining security for all Interactivate networks
This guy has some seriously mad coding skills.
His system is well oil; all my web services are working with no down time. He offers all the greatest gadgets, ideal environment for a programmer like me.
Extreme knowledge of Perl and UNIX environment, fast programmer, brilliant manager.